I’m starting to get really excited to head to school. Especially since it’s a whole new school that I don’t know much about. Plus this year I get the “real” college experience. I can’t wait to get myself involved and meet new people and start my college life over. After doing some thinking about what I want out of this semester I came up with a list of Fall semester goals. Here they are…
- Make deans list– dean’s list is any students with a 3.5 G.P.A. or higher. I never made dean’s list at AiP, even though several times I got extremely close. Now that I have better study habits I hope that I can stay focused on my academics and get better grades.
- Apply for honors classes– Point Park offers honors courses to students who maintain a 3.0 G.P.A. and the honors programs has lots of benefits. For example, honors courses, community service opportunities, early move in, early class registration, leadership and mentoring opportunities and so much more. As of right now by G.P.A. is zero because I start over at Point Park and when I left AiP I had a 2.8. So in order for me to apply I need to get at least a 3.0 at the end of the semester.
- Join at least one school club– student organizations give students a step up and beyond. They look great on a resume and can build life or work skills. It’s also a good way to meet new people and get yourself out there. Point Park has a student broadcasting club so I might look further into that.
- Hit the gym– Point Park what was previously the YMCA and now offers that building to students for no price. They offer classes such as yoga, zumba, pilates, and free personal training. I need to get my butt in shape so I can tone up and keep myself healthy.
- Meet new people– of course when you go to college you meet new people but when I say meet I mean talk to them and get to know them a little and make new friends. I don’t expect to find a new best friend out there instantly (though crazier things have happened) but I do want to learn to talk to people more and make connections.
- Get our of my suite and live life- when I went to AiP I spent a lot of time in my room just sitting around and I don’t want to do that again. That’s the main reason why I started this blog but I want to enjoy life! I need to get more involved with events and activities that the school offers. I need to go out with people and have fun. I need to experience new places and ideas.
- Read two books– I used to read a lot when I was younger but have stopped since then. I have a ton of books I started and never finished. By the end of this semester I want to read two books, one fictional just for fun book and one learning and educational. I haven’t decided which books I’m going to choose yet but when I do I’ll let you know and keep you posted!
Well this seems to be a good list to get things started. I’ll refer back to this at the end of the semester and let everyone know how I did. In the meantime, leave a comment with your Fall semesters goals, I’m curious.