Before fall semester started a made a list of goals that I wanted to complete during the those 14 weeks. You can see that blog here … I did a pretty decent job, but didn’t complete all of them. I plan on trying harder this time around to get them done. Below is a recap of my fall goals and how well I completed them or how I didn’t complete them.
Fall Semester Goals
- Make Deans List – COMPLETED! I made deans list with a 3.6 GPA.
- Apply for Honors Classes – COMPLETED! I applied and was accepted into the Honors Program. Now I’m taking one honors course this semester.
- Join at Least One School Club – COMPLETED! I joined National Honors Society, though I haven’t been very active in, and I joined the Honors Program. This semester I joined The Globe, which is the school’s newspaper, I have published two articles so far. Also, I have been active in the Honors Program.
- Hit the Gym – FAIL! I only went to the gym about three or four times last semester. I’m hoping I can do better with exercising this spring.
- Meet New People – 50/50! I have met a lot of people, but haven’t made any close friends with who I hang out with on a regular basis. I did hang out with some people once or twice last semester so its a work in progress.
- Get Out of My Suite and Live Life – FAIL! I didn’t really have time to go around and do things. Nor did I have any friends or people to do it with. The most I did outside of my dorm was work 30 hours a week.
- Read Two Books – FAIL! Other than one book I had to read for class, which I skimmed over, I didn’t read any books at all. Again time was a big player here.
As for spring, I want to add some new goals and revise some of the ones from last semester.
Spring Semester Goals
- Bring Up My GPA – I would like to get a higher GPA for this semester. Looks like I have a lot of hard work ahead of me.
- Publish At Least Five Articles – I hope to have at least five articles published in the school newspaper by the end of the semester.
- Make a Friend – I have acquaintances here, but no one I hang out with regularly or are on a personal level with. Now that I have met people I hope I can increase relationships and begin a good friendship.
- Make Exercise Apart of Daily Life – I never considered exercising a daily task ever in my entire life. But to lose the weight I have gained and become a healthier person overall, I would like to see myself go to the gym at least three times a week and not see it as a chore, but as something I can enjoy.
- Be More Involved – College offers a lot of great events and opportunities for students. Taking advantage of that while I can will be time well spent.
- Make Blogging a Habit – Last semester this blog kind of went downhill and I didn’t keep up with it. I plan on blogging at least twice a week to keep readers informed and interested.
- Revamp My Personal Style – Something I have been working on and thinking on for awhile now. I want to get rid of the high school look and create a new mature and fashionable look for myself. I will post more on this later.
This list seems to be good for now. What are your goals for this semester?