- Spend time with your family
- Hang out with friends
- Start packing for college
- Enjoy having free time
- Take advantage of summer weather
- Go on one last summer trip
- Mentally prepare yourself for working up early and doing school work all the time
I’m on the fourth official day of summer break and so far its been a good break. I don’t head back to work till next weekend so I have a ton of free time to do things I actually want to do. Most of my time has been spent cleaning out my room and unpacking all my stuff school. Plus, I have spent a lot of time with Travis. It feels great to be able to sleep in, cook dinner, have my own space and stay out late. Tomorrow night by little brother is coming home and I haven’t seen him in a long time so I am really excited.
There is so much I want to do this summer. This is going to be my last official summer as a kid and next summer I will have my own apartment in Pittsburgh with a real job and begin my adult life. I want my last young adult summer to go out with a bang. So far I have planned a trip to Ocean City, Maryland with my bestie Ash, her brother Geoff and Travis. Were going down during high school senior week so there will be a ton of rowdy, immature brats, but at least the bars wont be packed. I also have the 2nd Annual Gettin Lei’d Luau at my house in two weeks. I’m going to start planning for that party soon.
Below is a list I composed of other trips and things I want to do this summer. If anyone has any comments or suggestions or wants to share what they’re doing this summer comments are encouraged!
1. Sleep – Finally you have a chance to sleep in till 10 in the morning or later. Plus getting rest is the best thing to do when your sick.
2. Skype – Skype with your other sick friends or your family.
3. Catch Up on Homework – This is the last thing anyone wants to do when they’re sick but you have to make up that work sometime.
4. Watch Endless Amounts of Movies – Pop in a few DVDs or go online and watch movies all day. Don’t forget TV shows.
5. Eat Soup – Nothing like a warm bowl of soup to sooth that sore throat.
6. Take a Long Shower – More than likely your roommates are at class all day so hog up the bathroom and take a long, warm shower.
7. Write – You can spend time writing or updating blog or write something fun like a story.
8. Video Games – If your into video games get on a console and p0n3 n00bs all day.
9. Order Pizza – Who wants to cook or walk to the dining hall when they are sick? Not me, order a yummy pizza instead.
10. Sweats – Wear sweatpants all day. I love my comfy sweats!