Normally I post about what my semester goals are and why I want to achieve them, but this time I can’t really think of any. I’m not really sure what I want out of this semester because I achieved pretty much all of my academic goals I set for myself last year. Maybe after I get back in the groove and feel this semester out a bit it will come to me. For now I have a blank canvas.
It’s that time again to evaluate how well I did with the spring semester goals I set down for myself. Here they are…
Spring Semester Goals
- Bring Up My GPA – I would like to get a higher GPA for this semester. Looks like I have a lot of hard work ahead of me. FAILED! I had a 3.55 GPA for fall 2011 but a 3.50 GPA for spring. I didn’t make my goal, but I cant really complain with making Deans list again.
- Publish At Least Five Articles – I hope to have at least five articles published in the school newspaper by the end of the semester. FAILED! I only had two articles published during spring semester.
- Make a Friend – I have acquaintances here, but no one I hang out with regularly or are on a personal level with. Now that I have met people I hope I can increase relationships and begin a good friendship. COMPLETED! I met a lot of really great people this past semester and started going out and doing things with people. This led me to having a great roommates next year that I can get along with.
- Make Exercise Apart of Daily Life – I never considered exercising a daily task ever in my entire life. But to lose the weight I have gained and become a healthier person overall, I would like to see myself go to the gym at least three times a week and not see it as a chore, but as something I can enjoy. FAILED! This was defiantly the hardest goal to complete seeing how I view going to the gym as a chore. I only went to the gym maybe five times last semester. I really suck at trying to like working out. Better luck next time!
- Be More Involved – College offers a lot of great events and opportunities for students. Taking advantage of that while I can will be time well spent. COMPLETED! I used the Honors Program at Point Park to my advantage and organized a fundraiser for Lending Hearts, an organization that provides children with cancer recreational and peer building activities. Next semester I am going to be an honors mentor which means I move into school early and mentor a group of freshmen honors students.
- Make Blogging a Habit – Last semester this blog kind of went downhill and I didn’t keep up with it. I plan on blogging at least twice a week to keep readers informed and interested. FAILED! I didn’t blog nearly as much as I did in spring semester as I did in fall, but my views went up a lot and I got more followers so it wasn’t a complete loss.
- Revamp My Personal Style – Something I have been working on and thinking on for awhile now. I want to get rid of the high school look and create a new mature and fashionable look for myself. I will post more on this later. WORK IN PROGRESS! I was able to go through most of my winter clothes and get rid of old ones and buy new ones, but now I’m doing the same thing for my summer clothes. I still need to stock up on more jewelery and accessories. I did buy a lot of new shows though!
I did a pretty terrible job at my goals this semester. It was a rough semester for me with everything that was going on in my life and going back to working full-time and trying to manage being in school full-time on top of that. But for having limited time and still making it on Deans list, I didn’t do too bad. Hopefully next semester will be even more of an improvement!